Watch Pakistani Dramas Online: My Favorite On-Screen Characters (Recent):

Watch Pakistani Dramas Online
DramasOnline
My Favorite On-Screen Characters (Recent):
Jun 24th 2012, 18:31

There are some dramas that leave a very deep impression on our minds and hearts and we cannot help but watch them over and over again. Even if we don't watch these plays repeatedly we may find ourselves, unconsciously, comparing other plays with these particular dramas. In my opinion this does not hold true for dramas alone but it is also true for certain characters in these plays. Some characters stay with us for a very long time and we want to see more of such characters on-screen. I am going to talk about some very recent characters that left a lasting impression on my mind. If I go back in time there are many more such characters but for the sake of brevity I must limit myself to the recent ones.

What makes a character impressionable? In my opinion firstly, the way a character is conceived is very important. Secondly, dialogues matter a lot. Thirdly, how well that character is portrayed by the person playing it, is of great significance. If the right actor is not chosen for playing a certain role, all the efforts of the director and the writer may prove futile. Without further ado, here is a list of some characters which I am going to remember for a very long time. Some made me cry and others made me laugh till my belly hurt but all of them are very special.

 

1. Sami Sahib From Durrr-e-Shehwar:

 

I am certain most of my readers are well acquainted with this character, since Sami Sahib was the soul of the hit serial Durr-e-Shehwar. For those of you who do not know. Sami Sahib was Durr-e-Shehwar's father in the play; the role was acted out brilliantly by Mohammad Ahmed.
This character was wise, fair and an extremely loving one. A father who went all out to save his daughter's marriage and saved many more relationships in the process. The letters written by Sami Sahib to his daughter and the conversations he had with her will stay with many of us for a very long time.

 

2. Mumtaz (Momo) From Bulbulay:

 

This is another extremely well-done character that needs no introduction. Hina Dilpazar plays Momo in the comic sitcom Bulbulay. Everything about Momo from the body language to the expressions is just hilarious. Interestingly enough, this character was not even a regular part of the show till the 15th episode. This would definitely be another character that has been very nicely conceived and acted out.

 

3. Mehru From Ashk:

 

Till now Ashk may not have been an instant hit and many people have problems with some of the characters in the play but I find the character of Mehru to be very impressive. Resham has done a remarkable job in portraying the character in a very apt manner.

 

4. Mehru From Zard Mausam:

 

Sania Saeed plays Mehru, a mother of four children, three her own and one step-daughter. Although this play may not have gotten the attention, till now, that it deserves. In my opinion, Mehru's character is the star of the show, excellently acted out by Sania Saeed.

 

5. Saima Chaudhry From Annie Ki Aye Gi Baraat:

 

Honestly speaking this play is not one of my favorites but whenever I watch it, it is because I need a dose of Saima Chaudhry's wit and humor. Bushra Ansari fits perfectly in the role of Saima Chaudhry, the designer from Faisalabad who has a very colorful personality.

 

6. Durr-e-Shehwar (old) From Durr-e-Shehwar:

 

Since I am a die-hard fan of this play I could not help but put two of the characters from this play on my list. While the young Shehwar was played brilliantly too but in my opinion Samina Peerzada did an outstanding job of bringing the character of older Durr-e-Shehwar to life. This is another character that I will not forget for a very long time.

Share with us the characters that have rocked your world and the reasons why they are so special.

 

Author: Fatima Awan.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

Written by

نشاں یہی ہے زمانے میں زندہ قوموں کا۔۔ کہ صبح و شام بدلتی ہیں ان کی تقدیریں۔۔

0 comments:

Post a Comment

No Spamming Allowed

About the Administrator

© 2013 Mera Pak Watan. All rights resevered. Designed by These Templates